Virtual Conference (SGT/UTC+8)
October 27, 2021
- Future Networks: The Vision & Strategy
12:30 pmOpening CxO Keynote Panel: The Network of the Future and the Future TelcoRoy Chua,Founder and Principal, AvidThinkRandeep Singh Sekhon,Chief Technology Officer, AirtelNathan Bell,Chief Digital Officer, M1Kailem Anderson,Vice President, Portfolio and Engineering, Blue Planet, a division of Ciena
- Who are tomorrow’s customers and what are the requirements for the network of the future?
- Will the promise of automation and intelligence really deliver the network requirements of tomorrow?
- New business models & operating models: the roadmap to growth?
- Open networking, programmability and disaggregation: what does the mean for the telco of the future?
- Hyperscale cloud providers and telcos: defining the relationship for future business models
1:00 pmKeynote Presentation: Automation Now, next generation operating models for the telco of the futureKailem Anderson,Vice President, Portfolio and Engineering, Blue Planet, a division of Ciena
- Open & programmable networks to deliver on-demand sliced based services to the customer: establishing the framework
- Moving towards zero down time in the network: what is the roadmap?
- Establishing the architecture for future networks: private, hybrid or public cloud?
- Enabling agility with a DevOps-oriented culture: new skills and shifting the mindset
- Maintaining the network while we transform: keys to success
- Operational transformation: accelerating the adoption of automation and AI
- 5G & Edge: Unlocking Value
1:20 pmKeynote Panel Discussion: 5G & Intelligent Edge – Unleashing the potentialPaul Berriman,Former CTO, PCCW & HKT,Non-Executive Director, Spark NZZaif Siddiqi,Executive Director, Global Head 5G & IoT Enterprise Business , NTT DoCoMoH.L. Gupta,President - Network and Service Operations, Reliance JioVishnu Bhan,Director 5G Customer Engagement, Singtel Group EnterpriseConstantine Polychronopoulos,VP, 5G & Telco Cloud, Juniper Networks
- Defining the 5G opportunity and the implications on network operations
- Operating at the Edge: What is the opportunity & how to embrace it?
- The role of automation in being able to offer end to end slices in 5G: Accelerating services, provisioning on demand and driving revenue
- Delivering enhanced quality of experience with a dynamic and distributed cloud model
- Revising the value chain and the role of the telco: co-creation and co-operation to develop use cases
Paul BerrimanFormer CTO, PCCW & HKT,Non-Executive Director, Spark NZ
Zaif SiddiqiExecutive Director, Global Head 5G & IoT Enterprise Business , NTT DoCoMo
H.L. GuptaPresident - Network and Service Operations, Reliance Jio
Vishnu BhanDirector 5G Customer Engagement, Singtel Group Enterprise
Constantine PolychronopoulosVP, 5G & Telco Cloud, Juniper Networks
1:50 pmPanel Discussion: Intelligent operations for new 5G and Edge ecosystems: A game changer?Mei Lee Quah,Associate Director, ICT Research, Frost & SullivanMiro Salem,Global Head of Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous NetworkS, Rakuten MobileRasantha Hettithanthrige,CTO, SLT MobitelVinod Joseph,Technical Leader of APJ & China, VMwareSaad Sheikh,Telecom Principal Consultant, Dell Technologies
- How do you build intelligent operations for a 5G and Edge world?
- Can the network and IT deliver on the promise?
- Automation and end-to-end scalability to unleash the full potential of 5G & Edge: how to embed the right capabilities and technologies in the 5G proposition
- Should CSPs adopt a Multi-Cloud Model for delivering immersive MEC (Multi Access Edge Computing) services and use-cases?
Mei Lee QuahAssociate Director, ICT Research, Frost & Sullivan
Miro SalemGlobal Head of Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous NetworkS, Rakuten Mobile
Rasantha HettithanthrigeCTO, SLT Mobitel
Vinod JosephTechnical Leader of APJ & China, VMware
Saad SheikhTelecom Principal Consultant, Dell Technologies
2:20 pmTelstra Case Study: Industry 4.0: The intersection of Cloud, Edge, 5G, IoT and AI: The real growth opportunityKim Krogh Andersen,Product & Technology – Group Executive, Telstra
- Tackling latency: Will 5G and edge computing be the cornerstone for many IoT and AI applications and devices?
- Enabling a sustainable, secure, data rich future: understanding the links between these technologies and how they can be mutually supportive
- Models for success and early use cases
- The role of automation and orchestration to ensure service defined slices in the network
- Creating the right culture and environment to integrate these new technologies into the telco DNA
2:40 pmPresentation: Laying the foundations for 5G & edge services management and monetizationMenny Konorty,Head of OSS and Open Network Solutions, Amdocs
- The critical role of multi-domain end-to-end service and network orchestration
- Addressing operational complexities of multi-vendor, multi-technology networks and clouds
- Harnessing machine learning and automation to guarantee slice SLA, and provide competitive service experience differentiation
- Building tangible, real-life 5G & edge applications, services and use cases
- Unleashing innovative 5G & edge monetization possibilities
3:00 pmAnalyst Q&A
- Zero Touch Automation & New Operating Models
3:10 pmPanel Discussion: Operational Transformation: Accelerating the journey to zero touch automationJake Saunders,MD and Vice President, Asia-Pacific & Advisory Services, ABI ResearchDr. Asif Naimur Rashid,CIO, Robi AxiataJorgen Brecke,VP, Head of Operating Models, Telenor GroupMark Beder,Technology Director, Spark NZTeresa Monteiro,Director Solution Marketing, Software and Automation, Infinera
- Defining the roadmap for new operations models
- In the promised future 5G and ‘sliceable’ networks, what should network operations look like?
- What is the optimum organisational model and where does accountability for AI/Automation activities sit within a modern Telco?
- Embracing openness and promoting open platforms where APIs and data is accessible by multiple processes
- Moving towards scalable & cloud native network services delivery
Jake SaundersMD and Vice President, Asia-Pacific & Advisory Services, ABI Research
Dr. Asif Naimur RashidCIO, Robi Axiata
Jorgen BreckeVP, Head of Operating Models, Telenor Group
Mark BederTechnology Director, Spark NZ
Teresa MonteiroDirector Solution Marketing, Software and Automation, Infinera
3:40 pmPanel Discussion: Automation for 5G and Edge: Next generation operating models for the future (cloud native) telcoCaroline Chappell,Research Director, Analysys MasonSandeep Gupta,EVP Network Strategy & Architecture, AirtelMatt Hitti,Tribe Lead Digital Transformation Enterprise, Vodafone New ZealandVaibhav Dongre,Business Head, EMEA & APAC, Robin.io
- Navigating the operational complexity and challenges with 5G & Edge
- Monetizing the Edge: leveraging the opportunity with automation
- Moving towards zero downtime in the network: what is the roadmap?
- Ensuring AI & data are at the core of the transformation model
- Maintaining the network while we transform: keys to success
- Dynamic Orchestration and Intelligent Assurance
4:10 pmPanel Discussion: Dynamic orchestration: Paving the road to the intelligent, autonomous networksMark Sanders,Chief Architect, TelstraRitesh Mukherjee,Vice President, Enterprise Products, Reliance JioChris Wade,CTO, ItentialGeorge Glass,Chief Technology Officer , TM Forum
- Driving end-to-end network automation and service orchestration across multiple domains
- Accelerating new service introduction and enabling new revenue streams
- Service fulfilment: Enabling new services and products to be ordered and deployed efficiently
- Transforming network and service performance through closed loop assurance and AI
4:40 pmPanel Discussion: Agile service provisioning, orchestration, and intelligent assurance: Evolution or Revolution?James Crawshaw,Principal Analyst, OmdiaPrabhat Dubey,CXX – Product and Technology, Vodafone Idea LimitedShahar Steiff,AVP New Technologies, PCCW GlobalMarco Gatti,Head of 5G Product, Solutions, and Strategy , Anritsu
- Network Orchestration: breaking down the silos between SDN, NFV and OSS for an end-to-end service orchestration
- Deployment models: Is open source the right approach?
- Moving to a more service-oriented model of network operations: defining best practice
- Enabling true service innovation with scalable, agile networks that meet today’s customer demands
5:10 pmAnalyst Q&A